A week or so ago, I asked a question on my blog: Which blog is on your list of must-reads?
People picked Amy. Here are her answers to some of the more pressing questions of our time.
1. What do you think of heated floors?
Heated floors sound wonderfully indulgent. Alas, in a house that is over 100 years old, one in which I can't both blow dry my hair and have any lights on without blowing a fuse, heated floors are not in the foreseeable future. So, unless my house starts on fire, my floors will remain unheated.
2. How about gas cooktops?
I've never cooked on any other kind of a stove other than a gas cook top. I especially love it when I have to light a match. I must be the only person in the world unable to light a match from a matchbook. If I had an electric stove, I'd have to forgo lighting candles.
3. Who was your favorite Spice Girl?
Posh Spice but only because she nabbed David Beckham.
4. What song on your iPod (or in your album/CD collection) do you feel best represents who you are at this point in your life?
"Don't Ask Me Why" by Billy Joel. I have a 4 year old...'nuff said :)
5. If you are out cruising around town at midnight, are you more likely to hit the drive-thru at Wendy’s or Taco Bell?
If ever I am lucky enough to be awake past 10pm and I find myself cruising around, I usually have a hankering for a cheeseburger. I've found, the best burgers, are McDonald's (sorry Wendy's). I'd happily order a double cheeseburger and a side of fries.
6. Have you ever played with electricity?
Does static electricity count?
I am not brave enough to fool around with electricity. Fortunately, I am lucky enough to have a dad that is truly the jack of all trades. When it comes to anything electric, I bat my eyes and sweetly ask my dad for help.
7. Where is one place you have visited that you will definitely try to return to? (Or, if I’m using my English teacher grammar, to which you would like to return?)
I would return to Tahiti in a heartbeat. The world slows down there. You have no choice but to enjoy life, sip tropical drinks and enjoy the beauty that surrounds you.
Of course, there are so many places I haven't been, chances are Bora Bora will remain at the bottom of the list. I am desperate to get to either Paris or London next. And, don't let 'next' fool you, my last real vacation was over 6 years ago. Next could be 20 years from now.
8. Seafoam or chartreuse?
Chartreuse hands down.
9. Your HONEST opinion regarding burlap is…?
I'm more of a felt kind of a girl.
10. One blogger you love to read is---
This is like asking you pick your favorite child. Of course, I only have one child so that's a bit easier.
There are so many talented, amazing women, who blog, that I now consider friends, picking just one is nearly impossible.
(Kirby here) Thanks, Amy, for indulging me and letting me feature you at Women Who Blog. And have fun with your felt (in an appropriate way, of course).