1. Fast food or pizza?Definitely pizza. I have vivid, early memories of crying when my parents tried to take me to McDonald's. My children have inherited my aversion to fast food which is good (though not always convenient).
2. I notice that you live in California. I have always wondered: is it 'special-er' there?
With apologies to all the other places, the answer is yes. Yes it is. And this is not an uninformed opinion. I have lived in six other states (read more about that here: http://www.acasarella.net/2012/02/where-you-from.html) and as much as I've loved them all, California is indeed special-er. Case in point: I spent this past weekend at my sister-in-law's house in LA. While there, my daughters (ages 8 and 12) befriended the loveliest drag queen while walking down Larchmont Street. She gave us her card and invited them to high tea at Biltmore. She promised to wear, "the dress with the bustle"' for the occasion. This stuff just never happened when we lived in Milwaukee.
3. Tell us how you really feel about grosgrain.
I feel like it needs a new name. Beyond that, I am pretty neutral towards this particular embellishment.
4. If you could visit anyplace for a week, where would you go?
Italy. I am half Italian and have never been to the motherland.
|pic courtesy of Paradise in the World|
5. Do you have a secret talent that doesn't involve craft materials?I can recite the first fourteen lines of the Canterbury Tales in Middle English. Anything after line fourteen and you're on your own. (Have I mentioned that I used to teach English? http://www.acasarella.net/2012/02/getting-acquainted-what-do-you-do.html)
6. What was the last band you saw in concert?The Doobie Brothers. I saw them with my husband at one of his work functions.
I know, I know, you thought they were dead.
7. Sky blue or navy?Sky Blue.
No, definitely sky blue.
8. Have you started pinning things in preparation for your daughter's wedding?Surprisingly, no. But my husband does have regular nightmares about paying for two weddings so at least one of us is freaking out prematurely.
9. Fruity drinks or hard liquor?
10. Do you have a "go-to" blogger whose posts you hate to miss?
John & Sherry at Young House Love
Karianne at Thistlewood Farm
Linda at It all Started With Paint
Adrianne at Happy Hour Projects
Mary Beth at Cupcakes & Crinoline
Kelly at Eclectically Vintage
Heather & Vanessa at At The Picket Fence
I'm going to stop now or we could be here all day....
Kirby here: Thanks to Elena for playing with us here at Women Who Blog!!